Monday, January 16, 2023

Restaurant Menu Hell

I'm looking at the menu for where the Lunch Bunch is meeting this week. It is a "bistro" that is heavy into shrimp. Plus it's mostly fried southern fare, which isn't agreeing with me these days. This kind of food is pretty typical for most Texarkana restaurants. I'm trying to figure out what I can eat that won't cause heartburn or death. 

Right now, I have a note into the corporate office asking if the duck gumbo has any shellfish in it. One would think "duck" gumbo would mean no shellfish, but I've been fooled before. Hopefully these folks will get back to me soon and I won't have to call them and ask again. Dying in their establishment is bad for business, so it's in everyone's best interest to get back in touch with me. 

Of course, there are other menu options: fried catfish (generally stored next to the shrimp in the back), fried shrimp salad, chicken breast with fried okra or fried green beans and grits. There's hamburgers too, but I generally can only eat two bites of a hamburger--though Buckaroo will enjoy the leftovers. I hate to spend that much money for two bites of a hamburger.  I guess if worse comes to worse, I'll just order ice tea and hope they have unsweet tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment