Tuesday, January 24, 2023

January's Projects.

 I sew because it reminds me of Bonus Mom. 

Here are three of this month's projects. There were a few others, but less significant. 

These were supposed to be Polly's Christmas present. She picked the fabric. I was gone in December, so I made them in January. I'm pleased she wears them all the time. They are made of knit fabric. This will be the very last set of buttonholes I ever make in knit fabric. Ever. As a PSA: nobody should ever put buttonholes in knit fabric. Ever. (they were used for the drawstring).

Incidentally, Buckaroo will be getting a hoodie sweatshirt when the material comes in--I bought the wrong fabric last month. Hopefully it will still be cold enough for him to wear it by the time I finish making it. 

By the way, I don't know what that weird line is in this photos at the bottom left pant leg. Perhaps the interior cuff? At any rate, it isn't there in the finished product. 


While in Phoenix last December, my sister in law picked out some fabric and I made her a table runner. Polly designed it. I brought it to Hope, Arkansas to a lady who does longarm quilting for a living. If you look closely you can see it is quilted. I have mixed feelings about this project.  


Polly designed this baby quilt too. It may not look like it, but it took us hours to come up with this particular design. Every fabric square was deliberately selected to be stationed where it was put in the quilt. She and I are going to a baby shower on Saturday. This is our gift. It took a month for me to make. This was also brought to a lady in Hope for longarm quilting because I feel weird asking Bob to do this for free all the time, even though he lives a mile away.

I like this one quite a bit. However, I'm done quilting for a while. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment