Wednesday, February 15, 2023

I'm Glad Business is Plentiful for This Guy

I've been talking to a carpenter for the past day via e-mail. He couldn't be bothered to call me. I didn't realize he was the same yahoo who sent me an unprofessional text message yesterday. If I'd figured that out, perhaps I'd had stopped speaking to him sooner. 

Anyway, the guy I've been chatting with isn't Registrar of Contractors licensed. So, I'm going to pass. I've been burned by non-ROC contractors before. When I explained because I wanted to add an addition to my home which would require changing my roof line, I only wanted to use an ROC contractor, he got ugly. As much as it pains me, I'm taking the high road and not replying to his message. 

Even if this guy had bothered to get a contractor's license, he still wouldn't get the job. My general rule is I don't invite trouble into my home. If he was going to be an ass in an e-mail, I can't imagine what I'd have to deal with for a month or two if I hired him to add an addition to my home. 

Incidentally, after I wrote this blog--even though I did not respond to him--the guy contacted me again. He said he has other businesses. And then he peppered my inbox with advertisements for these businesses. I don't if this was supposed to add credibility or if he expected me to pass along the word in case someone needed their carpets cleaned or new eye glasses. For me, I will just steer clear of the guy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment