Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Negotiations

I'm negotiating with my brother to take Patrick for a couple of weeks this summer. I'm willing to fly (sigh... or drive) to Arizona, spend a few weeks in May and take Patrick home with me. My conditions are simple: Though Patrick doesn't get out of school until the Friday before Memorial Day, the Auntie Express leaves the Tuesday before Memorial Day. I don't want to travel close to a holiday weekend. 

Patrick can stay as long as he wants, or as long as his parents want--which, according to my brother is June 6. June 7 happens to be Patrick's birthday. Little Brother is countering that I could come in early June, stay for Patrick's birthday and then take him back for the summer. Though that sounds like a plan, it includes me being in Arizona in June. 

"It also hits 100 degrees in May, you know," Squirrel said when I pointed out one of the reasons I no longer live in Arizona. Sure it does! My original plan was to come in March but with my Master Gardener class, May is the soonest I can show up. But past May? Why would I voluntarily go to Arizona any later? 

I'm waiting to see what he throws in to sweeten the deal. Diamondbacks tickets? Mexican food? More of my father's stained glass windows? Who knows! Maybe he can change my mind. 



No comments:

Post a Comment