Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Hysteria

Apparently the entire East Texas population has lost their minds. Even Polly, who is Polly-on-the-spot when it comes to weather has joined in the ice-apocalyptic cult. You see, according to the Internet, which I'm told is always right, we are supposed to be in the middle of a "freezing rain" storm. Freezing rain is different than sleet, but I don't know how. 

The bank sent out a note saying their hours are questionable. My pal Cindy called and said she couldn't swing by to help me with my sewing project because of the potential of freezing rain. Facebook was full of, "God bless, stay safe and are the local schools closing?" Even my friend Jane called me from Idaho asking if we were safe from this "storm." I assured her nobody is gathering animals two by two. And it hasn't been below freezing since right before Christmas.

I cannot figure the panic out. It is raining just like it has for the past two weeks (spoiler alert: next week too). It is in the mid-30s--just like it has been for the past week. Nothing, I assure you, NOTHING has changed with the weather except for the increase in hysteria. Thursday it is supposed to have a high of 39 degrees. Friday it will peak at 43. Overnights are expected to be around 33-34 degrees. The only "freezing" I'm seeing is common sense.   

No comments:

Post a Comment