Sunday, February 5, 2023

An Imbalanced Week

The obvious takeaway is I need to be careful what I wish for. 

Last year I was grieving, lonely and lost, walking around Home Depot/Tractor Supply/Hobby Lobby/Lowe's/Sam's Club looking to strike up a conversation with anyone who might want to chit-chat for 30 seconds. 

This week my head is swimming. In addition to the normal chores (laundry, grocery shopping, etc.), I have two Master Gardener events. This does not even include my actual class. I also have a hair appointment, a trip to the vet, a sewing class, a movie date with the Coronas and possibly the Thursday Lunch Bunch if I can sneak out of one of the Master Gardener's Agri-Fair. Plus, I have two zoom dates set up. One with a friend I miss terribly. The other with my nephew, Patrick. Neither of those zoom dates I'd give up for anything. 

I just sent a note to the lady's auxiliary telling them I couldn't make Thursday night's meeting. I doubt it was my influence, but they ended up changing the meeting to next week after my text. I can probably enlist Buck's help in cleaning the house. I can pay him in gas money and Whataburger these days. 

In addition to all that, Marty and I leave on Friday for San Antonio to hear Polly's concert. It is my intention to leave Buck with a few meals before we go. He happens to like my chicken enchiladas. I made them last Saturday night. They were gone by Sunday.

None of this is a complaint. I'm actually grateful to be wanted and find purposeful activities that I enjoy. Most of my weeks are nothing like this. They are generally quiet with time to clean the house, do the laundry and talk to an Arizona friend or two calling to say hello.   

Maybe what I need to do is wish for balance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment