Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Jack Frost's Last Hurrah

Today is the spring equinox. 

It is currently 31 degrees, which makes zero sense. It's been in the 50s overnight for the past three weeks. Plus, there are zero other days in the forecast showing freezing temperatures. 

Yesterday, like some sort of horticultural prayer chain, texts were flying reminding each other it was going to freeze overnight and everyone needed to take cover. Well, cover the flowers outside and take the spring plants which haven't been planted in the ground yet, inside. 

I'm not making this up.

These were all in my garage until last night. (grown from seed)

I have potatoes in my laundry room.

And other plants in my kitchen.

These were already inside because they were brought in last Fall.
But I'm ready for them to be back outside.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment