Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Overwhelming Kindness

I'm overwhelmed from the kindness of others. 

First and foremost, while Marty and I have been laid up and was Polly in New York, Buckaroo stepped up without prompting. I'm blown away at what an amazing and responsible young man he's grown into. This past week, Buck's been handling extra chores, taking care of errands and all sorts of other tasks--all while holding a full-time job. And may I say, he's been doing all of the above with a cheerful heart. 

On Sunday, when he drove Marty to the airport, I suspected he thought he'd get a reprieve from the household chores from his sister, who was finally back on this side of the Mississippi. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Polly came home very ill. So, Buckaroo got up early on Monday--his day off--and drove her to urgent care. 

Which brings me to the rest of the "others" mentioned above. Word has gotten around in my small community that the Sunshines are a sorry lot. I've gotten offers for meals, rides to where ever I might need to go, and people to come over and keep me company, though they they beg off on coming over when they find out Polly is under the weather. I even have someone who offered to send their 14 year old son over later in the week to help me with my garden.  

What I'm discovering is though I'm touched by the outward support, we really don't need much. We have groceries. I have books, a sewing machine and my computer to write. Polly feels like sleeping. Buckaroo and Marty are working. However, in this case, it truly is the thought that counts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment