Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New Brokerage Update

A few interesting opportunities presented themselves on Monday. First, El Jefe, sent out a new employment agreement for me to sign. This one is favorable, but I don't want to sign it. I want to leave. Nothing made me want to get going more than reading over the though-favorable-not-what-I-wanted employment agreement.

Second, it turns out, external "back up" hard drives break. And never let it be said they do it when you are in a chill mode. "Yea, I need that file, but if I never see it again, no biggie." It doesn't work like that. Instead--as a friend told me--it is more like "I hope I saved that file from 2004 because the world will end if I don't have it." Incidentally, my logo was originally created in 2004.

And as a side note, apparently not everything put on the Internet is still on the Internet. Including my logo. But, because I am a bit of a computer file hoarder, I found the old logo on my former laptop (now Marty's laptop). When I saw the logo, I thought, "Meh, I don't love it as much as I thought I did." so I sent it out to my graphic artist friend who will hopefully be inspired. If he isn't, well, I will deal with it for now. But it won't be my permanent logo.

Monday I also called my client, the one listing I have. She said she would cancel at a moment's notice and go with me. I explained she might need to say this in writing that she feels this way, because I don't see El Jefe being so cooperative me taking a $539,000 listing from him. "Whatever you need," she said. I so appreciate that.

Everything about the "let's start a brokerage" hobby is moving faster than I anticipated. That isn't a complaint, but an observation. And for the most part, it is falling into place easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment