Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Four Weeks to Go

I told Junior today every time I speak with his father at this point was just another chance for me to lose my license. Because, let's face it, if I had to go in front of a judge and explain that I knew there is a strong chance Diamond Jim has dementia but I let him sign legal documents anyway, how would I explain that?

Or, what if I had to go in front of a judge because I told Diamond Jim X, but he heard and specifically did Y and Y was the detriment, but it was my word against his? There are other scenarios too, but essentially it boiled down to me saying, I am not losing my license because Diamond Jim is going to do whatever he wants. Nor am I getting caught up in this crazy family business. So, you folks figure it out.

Does Diamond Jim know I am not speaking to him? Probably, he only called me once this weekend. Generally he calls me every 10 minutes, leaving messages every time, until I call him back. Junior told me I have every right to be furious for being made a fool of and deemed a liar. My friends don't do that. And yes, I understand Jim is ill. I totally get it. And I can't say that I am not hurt my friend of 15 years has chosen this path. But he is not so ill that he doesn't know when he is being an ass to get his way. I promise. The problem last Friday was that he breezed through everyone else who was on his side so it became my turn to be treated poorly.

Junior is supporting my stand that I will not deal with his father. For that matter, I am not dealing with Diamond Jim's sister either. Now I know all too well what I want and what I will get is very different. But being Diamond Jimless the last four days has been wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment