Wednesday, May 23, 2018

I Did Not See That Coming

So I spoke with Liam of Liam and Inga today. Earlier this week, they were talking about selling, but weren't in a big hurry. On Monday I had asked where they were going I got cryptic answers that made me raise an eyebrow. Also, right now they are looking on Zillow to see what their home is worth--which is significantly different than what the data I am looking at says.

Anyway, I called to follow up with Liam today, as we didn't get a chance to finish our call Monday. Yesterday was drama from Diamond Jim and drama from felon-clients day--but those are for different posts. Liam gave me the real story. They are divorcing.

And then Liam cried.

By the way, this couple is in their late 60s, early 70s. It is heartbreaking to hear what he had to say. Worse, I want to help and make his pain go away. But the way I know how to help has more to do with real estate, as I know little about their marriage. I told him I wanted to come across as a compassionate individual and not a real estate sales person as I gave him some options. He thanked me--which I appreciated.

It is on my calendar to call him next month. In the meantime I will send them comps on their home and let them sort out their other decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment