Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Merry Band of Felons

The Diamond Jim saga is changing so quickly that I can no longer keep up (summary: he doesn't know where he lives, I had to go find him yesterday as he drove around Mesa completely lost, he has pretend friends staying with him that he is fighting with and he fired me today, even though his home is in escrow). So, let's talk about Dee and her Merry Band of Felons.

Diamond Jim may be the absolute worst (possibly now-former) client, I have ever had. Dee, on the other hand is one of the best clients I have ever had. She is an amazing woman who brings love and light to my life. She thanks me. She refers me (unfortunately to other felons, but it is a start). She is kind and has gone to a lot of effort to let me know she appreciates what I do for her.

Dee feels she has been called by Divine Providence to minister to prison felons, especially those who might not be allowed to be around children ever again. Those types of felons have numbers next to their crimes: such as level 2 or level 3. Now before I go any further, I never would condone the behavior of these folks. Divine Providence didn't speak to me and ask me to mingle with these people, and if that is the case for Dee, the more power to her.

Because of the nature of her ministry, municipalities aren't in favor of her work. She has had road block after road block. Neighbors at her last home didn't like her (I sold that house!). Cities don't like her either. Recently I sat in a City of Phoenix zoning meeting where she told the truth and got her latest project shot down. Fortunately for her there are loopholes and stipulations that allow her to still do what she does. She just has to limit her involvement to specific neighborhoods. Like scary parts of Phoenix.

Anyway, two days ago she called me wanting to see a home in a scary part of Phoenix. She never comes alone. There are always three or four of her charges in tow (I once wanted to bring Buckaroo because I didn't like the neighborhood I was going into, but it would have been a parole violation if they were around him). Her Merry Band of Felons are quite useful. For example, the lock was stuck at a home once and Bill broke in found a creative way to enter. Seth is great with construction and knows about building--a skill he said he picked up in his 20+ years. Joe has "buddies" in the neighborhood who offer protection. Me? I think Dee is pretty neat. Her Merry Band of Felons are interesting. They tell great jokes, are always respectful, but I don't think I will be inviting them out for tea any time soon.

Yesterday we found a home that Seth is sure isn't going to fall down. Joe says the 'hood is reasonable (um... sure) and fortunately Bill was able to make the door work when the key didn't want to cooperate. The Merry Band of Felons are a happy lot. They have expressed gratitude to Dee and her husband for all they do. And they have shared their love for Divine Providence with others. And that is what Dee set out to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment