Monday, May 28, 2018

Friday's Drama

To his credit, Diamond Jim has only called me once this weekend. His number is blocked, so I am not answering his calls anyway. Eventually I will need to talk with him for two reasons. One, we are in the inspection phase of this contract and the buyer is going to want an answer on the list of repairs they will inevitably send over. I wish that was the only reason.

And two, Diamond Jim's doesn't have a key to his home anymore (another long story). He left stuff over there and needs to get it. But--and this is where it gets dicey--he doesn't have transportation because Junior took his truck away. This was in everyone's best interests because Diamond Jim kept getting lost, calling random family members, and asking how to get back to his home on 9th Street. He has never owned a home or lived on 9th Street. Sadly, the people at the home on 9th Street are a bit tired of arguing with him about this particular tid-bit. In addition to this, I have witnessed first hand the fact he truly doesn't really remember how to drive and it was just a matter of time before he runs over a child or runs his car into a building.

Jim's life choices came to a head last week. He disowned his son on Thursday. Junior, a former Army Ranger, is pretty broken up about this. He disowned his daughter on Friday. And please understand I am not glossing over the enormity of the above. It breaks my heart beyond belief.

After he got through with his children, he then called me, demanding I stop what I was doing right then and there and pick him up and take him to his office. "What office?" I asked, stupidly. He meant his home he is selling, but it took about 10 minutes to figure that out. There was no, "Please." There was no, "If you have some time." When I explained I was busy, he hung up on me.

He then called his daughter again, said he was going to kill himself and hung up on her. Daughter called me in a panic. And I called 911 and explained what was going on. But I have to tell you, when someone suggests they are taking their life, I think of that as serious. Unfortunately, when the first responders showed up, Diamond Jim was fine and he denounced me as a liar.

Then his sister left a message for me. I have never in my life spoken to this woman, and after the message she left me Friday, we will just keep it that way. Essentially, I was to stay out of Jim's business. Fine by me.

As far as I am concerned this sale can't close fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment