Thursday, January 24, 2019

Part 2 of In Flux

Jane is an Army wife. Mr. Jane retired a few years ago after 25+ years of service to our country. She is used to the "are we moving?" game. I talked to her about my frustration. She moved 20 times in 18 years. Many of those moves were with small children at home and Mr. Jane in some other part of the world. She gets it.

She also gave me advice, which even she agreed was marginal: stop thinking about whether or not this was really happening. Yea, I will get right on that. Right after I decide if I want to pay my real estate dues for the year. They are non-refundable. Or, do I want to remake my business cards? Who else could use them if I don't? Do I sign Buckaroo up for another fire science college class? Do I buy plane tickets for Polly and I to go to Montana for our much anticipated girl's trip?

I mean, to what extent does this constant wondering continue? Jane understood that too.

At this point, I am just living my life like it is here, though I am hesitant to buy the plane tickets until after I find out if Marty will have a second interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment