Sunday, January 13, 2019

The Most Important Items in My Office

I have spent the week getting ready for the new year. As a broker, I have to make sure my files are in order, just in case the Arizona department of Real Estate wants to see them. They were in order prior to this past week. Now they are in order, but in a storage box, aptly labeled and out of my filing cabinet.

Taking a moment to look around my office, I made sure all was in order. Someday the the AZDRE will audit. It is best to be ready--just in case. One of the "most important" documents I can have in my office is a Fair Housing Flyer. The law requires me to make sure it is predominantly displayed. El Jefe had his in his lobby. I have seen other posters located in real estate offices anywhere from the break room to the broker's door. Hell hath no fury like the government agency who finds out there is a real estate company who doesn't announce they play by the rules!

Most of these posters are the large-kind and take up a good portion of a wall. Mine is just a piece of paper held on to a white board with a magnet. Also sharing space with the Fair Housing poster are the Red Sox tickets from a game Bliz and I went to at Fenway Park a few years ago. A birthday greeting from Bliz as well. Also, a rosary and a few pictures Buckaroo has drawn. Those are also proudly displayed.






No comments:

Post a Comment