Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Wackiest Real Estate Story of 2019

This didn't happen to me. It happened to another agent here in the Valley.

So the buyers of a home are licensed Arizona real estate agents. They are in their 10 day inspection period, but they have not told the selling agent when they will be conducting their inspections. The selling agent calls, texts and sends a carrier pigeon but no response.

That's ok. It isn't the selling agent's job to manage the buyers.

The owner of the house just wanted to know so that they could schedule their life around when the buyers would be showing up. They still had some items left in the house, and went back on a regular basis to clean up and pack.

So last week, the sellers show up to grab a carload of their possessions and find the buyers (mind you, they are real estate agents) inside the home with a home inspector. And, they were doing their laundry! Yep, the seller's washer and dryer were humming along.

When the seller saw this, the buyers (did I mention they are licensed real estate agents in the State of Arizona) said, "I hope you don't mind. We needed to get our laundry done."

The sellers minded. A lot.

I have no idea what will happen from here. Ok, I have a few ideas. First, I am sure the buyer's broker was informed. I will recognize this broker by the bruise on his or her head where the desk met their forehead. Second, I would bet my last Pop-Tart that the buyer is probably no longer asking for any repairs. And third, the High Inquisitor Squad will recognize the buyers by the squeaky clean clothes they will be wearing at their hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment