Monday, March 25, 2019

Ari Update

Ari found a house. It wasn't on the market which is why there weren't 15 offers on it. We managed to negotiate a reasonable deal. He wanted $10k less than I thought the owner would take. The counter offer was $10k more.

Ari hemmed and hawed. I had a thought bubble over my head where I was thinking, "Even if you pay the $10k more than you wanted, this is a great price. Don't miss out on this place because it will be $40 more a month. How many homes have you lost out on because you are unwilling to change your criteria?" In the end, Ari signed the counter-offer and we will be opening escrow today.

Ari also told me his parents will be here next weekend and was I free to show off his house? I believe I am busy. Very busy. Given this house is in a scary neighborhood--possibly even more scary than the last one, I am not about to be there when his mother sees the place.




No comments:

Post a Comment