Saturday, March 16, 2019

Opportunities

I have a general idea of what I want to do when I grow up. I want to work in a leadership capacity of some sort in real estate. I don't know if this means I want to teach, manage people or work as a trainer. But something. I have been bandying around the idea for a few months, trying to shape a role and create what I am looking for.

Part of why I joined a couple of committees was to add this as a resume builder. Additionally, I am working on a couple of certifications to augment my expertise as well. Every since I left El Jefe, I get calls from agents I know asking for real estate advice. The obvious, "ask your broker" is how I always start and from there we get into hypotheticals, as no two contracts are the same.

Right now my goal is to wait until Buckaroo is done with school and a bit more independent and then I will go out into this brave new world. Of course, it is also dependent upon us not moving to some humid place in the swamp. But that hasn't happened yet, so I am not putting tons of stock in it.

This past week, I heard from two brokers who want to talk to me about management opportunities. Both called me out of the blue. One I have known for a few years, the other got my name from an agent who works at the same brokerage who thought of me. I am not ready and I told both of them so. Both--being sales people--said, "never say never" and other such ego boosters. I pointed out to one of them I am 70 miles from her office. She said, "We want to open a Mesa branch." Nice, but not now.

I am not ready. I want a little more time seasoning what I am learning on my own. Plus I don't want to short-change Buckaroo and Polly who like having lunch waiting for them after school. Or, who knows! Perhaps I will just stay where I am and hire a few agents and move forward in that level of leadership with my company. That's an option too.



No comments:

Post a Comment