Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Letting Go

I am writing this after 5 p.m. on Wednesday. I am predicting now Ari's sale will fall out of escrow in the next few hours, through no fault of Ari's. Ari and I have talked this afternoon. I have spoken to the loan officer. Now I am waiting with ample frustration for the notice to let this go. Because it is coming.

It is only a few hours after Inga and Liam decided--once again--not to sell their home. I was so devastated by that loss, that I merrily called my 81 year old father and asked him to drive right over to their home and remove my sign so I can order the post down. To be fair, Dad lives about 5 miles away from Inga's. My sign can breathe easily now that it is out of that dysfunctional environment.

My rule in real estate is if a sale is so tough that it doesn't go together smoothly, it probably wasn't meant to be. These two are no exception. Ari will not be homeless--though his mother will probably have Ari fire me and the loan officer. Inga isn't homeless, but probably will be through choices she is making. But I am ok with that.

I am gong for a walk now. I need a karma cleanse.

No comments:

Post a Comment