Monday, March 18, 2019

Small World

Ari the Felon and I went out to look at properties this weekend. When I arrived at our first one, he jumped out of his car to greet me.

"I just saw a drug deal go down," Ari said with a grimace.

"Do you want to even bother to see the place?" I asked. After all, he was now aware of who his neighbors would be.

"Why not," was his reply.

Now may I take a moment to say to all buyers everywhere, if you have already rejected a home for strong and legitimate reasons before you see it don't waste your time with the interior. But then again, nobody listens to me. And in this case, this post wouldn't be nearly as interesting if Ari hadn't seen the interior.

At any rate, we were expecting the seller to answer when we knocked at the door. But no, it was the seller's grown son. And wouldn't you know! Ari knew the grown son. And Ari knew the father. Apparently the three of them had served time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment