Friday, April 26, 2019

Realtor for Life

About 11 months ago, Diamond Jim announced he was killing himself. I was nowhere near him at the time but I had my phone and I dialed 911. When the authorities got there he denounced me as a liar and said I made up the whole entire scenario for some sick ploy for attention. Then his sister, whom I had never met in the 15 years I knew Diamond Jim, called me and laid into me for "not minding my business." It was the icing on the cake of a lot of other Diamond Jim dramas over the week prior.

I have not spoken to him since.

Yesterday I got a voice mail from Inga. She said she had looked over my paperwork and she, "just couldn't deal with it." She then said she was going to take two pills and sleep. She thanked me for everything and told me that Liam has a key to the home. The message was 59 seconds long. It had been left an hour prior. I listened to it twice before I called Liam.

When Liam answered the phone, I explained to him the message and did that mean she was taking a nap, perhaps? He assured me it did. The medication was for the pain in her leg.

I tried to casually ask if perhaps Inga had other underlying issues going on that might need some immediate attention and he assured me he spoke with her just ten minutes earlier and she was perfectly fine. She was just tired from packing and she couldn't concentrate. I thanked him, knowing I would have felt just terrible if didn't get clarification and ignored what could have been a serious situation.

Liam didn't say I irrationally jumped to a silly conclusion, but I sure wish he would have.


No comments:

Post a Comment