Friday, April 19, 2019

Nope, No, Nada, NO

I Use This Button Often. 


So Ari called me. You see, his next storage payment is due on the 27 of the month. Because we aren't closing until after the 27th, Ari wanted to know if he could pretty-please, move his furniture into the garage of his soon-to-be home.

Now, I hate to be the bad guy here, but the answer is NO. But of course, that didn't stop Ari from pushing further. "Where will I put my furniture?" he asked. That's easy, in your storage unit--where it already is.

"But nobody is using the garage right now," he added.

That's true, but it isn't his garage. Ari's argument continued but I didn't budge. The seller in this case is out of the country and is self-insured. There are probably other keys floating around from the former tenants who may have friends. There could be squatters hanging out when we aren't there, too. The neighborhood is so scary that once I was there alone with Seth the felon one morning. He insisted on walking me out the front door and to my car IN THE DRIVEWAY, because he didn't feel the street was safe for me. Frankly, I agreed.

I didn't go into great detail with Ari but gave him a reasonable enough explanation for him to figure out this wasn't happening no matter how many different ways he phrased it. He may be disappointed, but his worldly belongings are in good hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment