Thursday, June 27, 2019

An Unexpected Vacation

Michigan in the Summer
Bonus Dad gave me a shout while I was out with the kids today. When was I coming to visit? That is a good question. You see Bonus Dad lives in Phoenix most of the year. About four months of the year he lives in a teensy town in Michigan on a lake.

Three years ago, when Bonus Mom got ill, I jumped on the plane and went to take care of her. It was my first trip up there in all the years they had been inviting me. For many reasons, I am sorry I waited so long. The following year Buckaroo and I went up there to keep Bonus Dad company as we all mourned her death from two months earlier. Last year I went up there for her memorial.

Though I am not unhappy about spending some time with one of my favorite people, I wasn't expecting to go back this year. Polly and I are still tossing around a time to make it to Montana. But right now it seems I need to squeeze in another trip. Polly, by the way, is totally ok with this. And let's face it, Northern Michigan isn't exactly a horrible way to spend a summer afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment