Saturday, June 29, 2019

Open Houses and Scaring the Neighbors

Last night my realtor pal, Sally, held what is known as a "Broker's Open." It is a fancy way of saying an open house for real estate agents, and let's be real here, any potential buyer who walks through the door. There was wine, cheese, crackers nuts and grapes served and Sally insisted I eat something, so I took a grape.

Confession: big, fancy homes don't impress me any more. This one was impressive. But there comes a time when one has seen just about everything out there.

Located in Chandler, it had an in-law wing that had been turned into two extra bedrooms and an exercise space. There were also three additional bedrooms and a fancy kitchen. My feedback to Sally was to remove the scorpion traps by the garage door. She will get an offer in the next week, I am sure.

I took Jane with me as well. We made it a girl's night, by stopping by and chatting with Sally, eating our grapes and filling out feedback forms Sally could give to her owners. Then we went to grab a quick bite. After we were done I dragged her to two grocery stores, because they were on the way and I didn't want to go out this weekend.

Jane and Mr. Jane are looking to buy a home. They want the East Valley. On the way back to her car, at 9:30 at night, I drove her through some neighborhoods that might work for her. She got to see what was there with my high beams illuminating the dark. This worked as well for her as it did for the neighbors who were out walking around enjoying the cooler evening, giving us wary looks as we cruised slowly down these quiet streets. At one point, after watching this poor woman jump out of her skin while walking her dog, we gave up. It was the third time I had seen her frantically cross the street as we drove by. No reason to frighten Jane's possible neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment