Friday, June 21, 2019

With My Luck, The 2021 Conference Will Be Held in Phoenix


While I was on vacation, Jane was dealing with a bit'o drama on the Woman's Counsel of Realtors. It is one of the many reasons I don't see a need for this group to exist. Actually, there is one redeeming item. Travel. There's a lot of travel that seems to happen with this crowd. I mean, Boston, San Fran, Washington DC, etc., all on the dime of the WCR.

Now then, back to the drama. If I may, imagine a really bad Disney tween television show with a predictable plot. Sprinkle in the hurt feelings stemming from a 13 year old girls' slumber party and a smattering of Peyton Place. Stir it all up, and voila! Stupid drama that should never have existed.

Anyway, there appears to be a sudden and immediate opening for President Elect for next year. Jane is running. I predicted this, she denied it and apparently then changed her mind. Dear Jane (if she wins, which she probably will) will be the Grand Poohbah of the WCR come 2021.

Back when I predicted she would run (and she denied), I even magnanimously offered to join the group if she won the Grand Poohbah elect. You would think after 51 years on this Earth I could figure out how to keep my mouth shut, but I guess not.

Jane now tells me not only do I need to join, but she is expecting me to be one of her officers in 2021. "Why?" I whined. "Because, I said so." Was Jane's bossy reply. "Besides, you will keep the drama down," she added.

Yes that might be possible. But only if I learn to keep my mouth shut between now and then.


No comments:

Post a Comment