Thursday, March 4, 2021

Real Estate in 2021

 

This house has a potential buyer. Possibly. 

You see, I haven't put it on the market just yet because... well, reasons. 

But I did list it on Facebook with the idea that potential buyers and agents might see it. And they did. My phone has been ringing off the hook for two days. 

Only one agent (not her buyer, mind you) was offended that there was an 80+ year old man living there that had served time for serious felonies. She gave me an earful and had lots of opinions about the criminal justice system, people who commit those kinds of crimes and lots of other things that she felt I needed to know, as if that would somehow change what I was saying. Everyone else was ok with that, but not with the paltry amount of rent the tenants were paying. I knew the rental rate was going to be an issue.  

Anyway, one buyer saw my listing and is interested. We sort of ironed out the terms ahead of time. I--the seller's agent--sent him the terms my seller would agree to: price, close of escrow date, title company, etc. There was a time this was the buyer's responsibility. In this case, my seller wants what my seller wants. The buyer should be writing up the offer (based on my seller's demands) and sending it over today. If not, there will be another ten buyers waiting in the wings if I can ever put this place on the Multiple Listing Service. 



No comments:

Post a Comment