Thursday, March 25, 2021

Sixty Three in Four Days

The Top of the World
As usual, the best way to get busy in real estate is to plan a trip. So, that's what I did. This past week Polly and I jetted across Arizona to a small corner of Cochise County to visit Mrs. Meadows. We also did a bit of hiking, animal watching (or in the case of a frightened skunk, animal smelling), laughing and got a first-hand look at the aftermath of the boarder crisis. 

Mrs. Meadows is 82 years old. Her computer was from the Bush 41 era. She is the only human being I know with dial-up Internet. Nope, not making that up. She lives at the base of the Dragoon Mountains and cell service is sketchy at best. Therefore, when one has a couple houses in escrow and needs to get answers to people on a timely basis, this is not the place to go. But I did. 

Most everything this week went ok with only a few glitches. Sorry to the appraiser who waited until the very last minute to ask me for the code to get into the house I have listed and then had to wait a few more hours for the text to get to me. Sorry also to the loan officer who needed to talk to me about this and that and had to wait until I drove to Elfredia so that I had a clear connection. My taxes didn't get signed just yet, but I got hold of Marty who was able to pay the accountant. And because even my e-mail didn't work way out there, I did ask one of the cooperating agents I was working with if she would wait an extra day to send me her papers, because I didn't want my client's contractual clock to start ticking when I couldn't even show the papers to my client. 

I'm back at home now and there are 63 new messages in my in-box. That's another by-product of leaving town. The work just waits for me to return.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment