Tuesday, March 16, 2021

The Unicorn


On the super-secret real estate Facebook group last week, someone was commenting that she applied at Starbucks. There is no work for real estate agents. With inventory at an all-time low--2,711 homes in Pinal and Maricopa Counties--and 5.85 buyers for every home on the market, she isn't alone. There were a lot of people who felt the same way. I've been fortunate that Marty Sunshine has a job (even if the threats of layoffs always loom) and I haven't had to stress too much. 

I say that because I have a unicorn. A total unicorn! My unicorn is having three homes in escrow. Every agent I've talked to lately might have one, if any. But three!??? Nope. 

Now then, it might be the only three in escrow I have this year. But I'm going to enjoy my shiny unicorn while I have it.

Incidentally, analysts are saying this crazy market will start easing up later this year. We aren't going to be balanced for quite a while but inventory will go up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment