Tuesday, September 21, 2021

A Glimpse Into My Life

Marty Sunshine had an initial screening interview with a company this past week. Then, based on no reality whatsoever, Marty decided that he could live anywhere and do that particular job--if he were indeed hired. So, he decided we'd live in a town in East Texas with a population of 35,000. I'll send you a postcard right after we unpack. 

Speaking of interviewing: more than half of Marty's Department is interviewing for other jobs right now. New Boss is that crazy. Plus, this past week, New Boss sent out a department-wide e-mail listing all the people he felt weren't carrying their weight. Marty was one of them. In Marty's defense, he'd been on vacation for two weeks, so of course he didn't have some stupid report completed--he didn't even know anyone wanted the report. Nonetheless, New Boss motivates through shame. 

What is the department doing about New Boss's shenanigans? I don't know. I've made reasonable (to me) suggestions that includes the words, "human resources," but nobody seems to care. They all want out. However, I've heard that the support group I am threatening to start for all of the Department's significant others is gaining some traction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment