Saturday, September 4, 2021

Wisdom

The lender for the buyer of the cute little condo didn't bother to tell me AUGUST 25 that the underwriter asked for a new appraisal. Of course Cruella didn't mention it either. And I am certain she would if she knew, to do otherwise would be unethical. And I'm sure Cruella is ethical. Right? 

Anyway, I found out on SEPTEMBER 2 a new appraisal was ordered. I was also told by the buyer's stellar team that they "tried to call me" on August 25 to let me know. I don't know what, "tried to call" exactly means, but I have no record of a phone call, text or e-mail from these delightful folks. Incidentally, it was the lender who texted me to tell me she, "tried to call" a week earlier. 

Doug and Carla are starting to freak out. This is supposed to close on September 10, however files don't tend to stay in underwriting for more than three days unless there is a problem with the buyer. And I'm thinking there is a problem. 

Yesterday--Friday--I asked for an end of day update. I didn't get one. The lack of transparency on the buyer side speaks volumes about this situation.  At this time, there is nothing I can do until Tuesday. So I'd be better off enjoying my weekend--which is the advice I gave Doug. Neither of us will probably follow my sage wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment