Thursday, November 4, 2021

Adventures at Home

Ok, so the truth is, life is complicated right now. 

I have a lemon-sized, benign (honest--there were two biopsies, no cancer) on my arm that has almost single-handedly (see what I did there!) quashed my right arm's fine motor skills. Typing isn't what it used to be. For that matter, using a mouse isn't that much better, so I have stayed away from most activities that require me to write, type, sew, cook, stir, text, swirl, fold, sweep, click, swish, weed and smack idiots upside the head. For now. Tomorrow I get this damn thing removed and here's hoping I can actually write my name legibly again. 

Dad is very ill. His best days are behind him. I'm sad. He could live a week, a month or a year. His true suffering isn't physical, but instead it is that he isn't able to take care of himself to the standard he wants. My heart hurts for him and the loss of power he must feel. It puts this silly arm tumor in perspective. 

I've given myself until November 15 not to think much about real estate. Yes, I have a buyer right now and another potential prospective buyer in the pipeline. If neither need me until then, I'm ok. If they do, I'm ok too. The week of the 15th I meet with my marketing rep. I will also make some decisions about if I keep my brokerage open or move on to another brokerage. There are reasons for both, but I don't want to go into them right now. A future-me issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment