Friday, November 12, 2021

News

It is no secret Marty Sunshine has been interviewing. What is a surprise is he said yes to one job offer. There are reasons this is good--mainly he wasn't promised a job past December 8th of this year and even if he was, New Boss would still be in charge. So, Marty had been looking with great fervor, knowing the alternative was unemployment. Also good about this job is that it is a place he wants to live (I'm of the mind I can live anywhere for five years). 

Anyway, Marty has found a new job. It happens to be in a smallish Texas town, where the pace of life seems to be quieter. There's a Hobby Lobby and a Sam's Club. The Trader Joe's is right next to Costco--145 miles away. Housing prices are awful, but they are awful everywhere. 

Marty is to report to his new position January 3. There's a lot to do between now and January 2. I'm a bit overwhelmed. Until my arm heals, all I can do is make lists and make phone calls. 

Sometime between now and immediately, I need to tell my father. I suppose I need to tell everyone else too, but Dad is my tough one. By the way, if I haven't told you personally yet, I'm sorry. And you know who you are. Please forgive me. 

More later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment