Tuesday, November 16, 2021

February Plans

Someone recently told me that what we worry about for another person is usually not what they worry about for themselves. Oh, how true. Especially in Dad's case. 

I told Dad about our move. He took it really well. And, I dare say, he will probably remember I told him (no snark there, that's a real issue sometimes with Dad). He asked where Texarkana was located. "Halfway between Dallas and Little Rock," I replied. 

"Yes, but what's it near?" 

"Not a darn thing, from what I can tell," was my answer. 

He said he was happy for me and then asked if the town had a First Watch. First Watch just happens to be his favorite breakfast place (that the rest of his family really doesn't like). Unfortunately, there isn't one close by. But I promised to come back to visit in February and go to breakfast with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment