Monday, January 31, 2022

A New Adventure

It has been a long week. And, it's only Monday. 

I am the new operations manager for Tessa's office. I will (eventually) be working part time, but right now I'm raking in the hours helping her get resettled after a major and unexpected upheaval. 

I wasn't very useful today, as I don't know the systems they have in place. I did look into new phone lines. Tell me how do you run a small business and not have even one phone in your office? I also wrote and posted a position in Indeed that Tessa desperately needs. I ran to Office Depot and bought scissors and file folders for my desk. I spoke with the corporate office who graciously are getting me training I need. And, I agreed to go to Vegas in February for their corporate pow-wow where I can learn even more about running a brokerage. 

For the most part, I enjoyed today. I have a lot to learn. I like the support staff that is currently in place. They are really enjoyable people and will make the office fun. I like being busy and not having to deal with the crazy that comes from a buyer deciding they want $20 thousand off the price because the seller painted their home the wrong shade of beige (true story). I think I will enjoy this. And I know I will enjoy this more when it is part time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment