Friday, January 14, 2022

I Need a Teleportation Thingy

So it looks like I'm heading to Phoenix on or around March 1. I apologize now if I can't see you while I'm in town--whether it's because you will be in the Southern Hemisphere or because I'm only in town for four days and I'm going to be on the West side, focused on Dad. I'm sorry. I will do my best. I'm already stressed about this. 

I am coming to babysit my father. His housemate has obligations that are taking precedent and someone has to take him to breakfast, the doctor and the Phoenix Genealogical Society meeting, the latter two are scheduled that week. Breakfast is a daily thing and unfortunately a non-negotiable. I will also be making his lunch and dinner, doing his housework and laundry. If I get a chance to sneak away, I will swing by and say hello. 

If its any conciliation, I'm told I am coming back in May. At that time, I won't be needed for housework and dinner duties. Probably. So, I might have more spare time. 

Marty is suggesting I drive. I am suggesting I fly. It appears the cost is roughly the same, if you factor in hotel room versus driving to Dallas and flying from there. Neither option truly appeals to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment