Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Chronicles of New Boss at the Past Job

 Y'all remember New Boss don't you? He was the crazy one in charge of Marty's life at his former position. 

Of the 13 people New Boss managed: 

One is hospitalized and critically ill (I've actually kept in touch with her)

Another walked off the job in October

Another gave notice in November. 

Marty also gave notice in November. 

Two gave gave notice the first week of January. 

Marty also heard a rumor (from one of the two) that two more were retiring. 

That can't be good for New Boss. 

When Marty left, nobody had been hired to fill the boots of the guy who walked off the job or anyone else's role. 

This past week, one of his former colleague told him that he (former colleague) was to write his own yearly performance review and submit it to New Boss. The same colleague said they were overworked and morale is at an all time low if that's possible. 

"I thought morale was at an all time low last summer." I said. 

"So did I," Marty replied. 

Meanwhile, I am told Marty likes his new job. When I asked him what was the best part so far, he said, "no New Boss." 


No comments:

Post a Comment