Sunday, February 20, 2022

Connected

I received a request to help out an Arizona brokerage with some issues they are having. They want me to consult. Before I take them on, I need to talk with a friend who works for the Department of Real Estate. I have concerns that what they are doing isn't in the up-and-up. And frankly, if I have to ask if they are legit, I pretty much know my answer. But I will wait until my friend gets back to me. 

Last week I was marveling at how connected Tessa was. She introduced me to her personal banker and the bank president--who sent me a text later, saying it was nice to meet me. ME!? Tessa knew three or four of the applicants for the bookkeeper, but stayed out of my hiring decision (except for one). She has graciously offered advice where I can go for this and that and had her plumber stop by just so he can tell me he doesn't have time to take on my bathroom remodel job (but that wasn't the response Tessa was looking for. That's ok). 

As I was telling Marty that Tessa knows everyone, he pointed out I had similar connections in Phoenix. Maybe I did. Even since I have moved to Texas, I've had friends asking me where I can find a painter/plumber and roofer. I know where to find this and that. My Arizona attorney always calls me back when I have questions. My accountant and hair stylist are waiting to see me in two weeks. Even Dad's doctor takes a spare moment or two out of his day to keep me in the loop. Maybe the big difference is that I don't have a personal banker.  

No comments:

Post a Comment