Friday, December 16, 2022

Back Home

 I left Mrs. Meadows Wednesday morning around 9 a.m., breezed through El Paso and made it to the thriving metropolis of Monahans Texas, some 600 miles away. It was about a 9 hour trip, though Google Maps will tell you otherwise. For the last hour of my drive, Jane, Marty and the kids were taking turns talking to me on the phone, keeping me awake. 

The worst of that drive came at the end when I ran over something concrete and now I need a front end alignment. I also lost my hotel key two minutes after I checked in and had to ask for another room key when I went to the front desk to buy one of those overpriced frozen dinners. It was the only meal I had all day. That isn't a complaint. I never eat when I drive. 

Yesterday, I left Monahans before 5 and made it to Dallas by 10:30. I was home by 2:30. The kids, the dog and laundry greeted me. And dishes. My mistake for not removing the invisible forcefield from the dishwasher and washing machine before I left.  

The house has been festively decorated, sans the Christmas tree. I'm told they are waiting for me for that one. That's tomorrow's fun. 

Last night I slept 10 hours. I could use another 10 hours. Today is laundry day. Grocery day. Pay bills day (I don't know where the bills were put but there's a pile of papers on the kitchen island) and get back to normal day. It is also find warmer clothes day, because the high today is 40 degrees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment