Wednesday, March 1, 2023

How It's Going



Welcome to North East Texas. 

We are under a Tornado Alert for the next 24 hours. And I'm the only one home. I am not panicking, but I wish the rest of my family would check in. Currently, I'm charging my phone and my extra battery. I know where my candles, flashlights, and food are. I've checked our spare water supply. Last time we were without power for 12 hours. Texts have come in saying that college might be closed tomorrow. That means, Polly's concert may be cancelled. 

I've moved the stained glass my father made to a safer place and when I'm done with this post, I'll drug the dog and give the cat a copious amount of CBT.  I also need to put out a puppy pad for Luna, who will ignore it and hold her bladder for as long as she can. 

Meanwhile, Polly--our weather nerd--is totally psyched. I've told her to make sure her bathroom is clean in case we need to shelter there. I will also clean out my closet so Finn has a place to sulk. Plus, I have a book to read. So, I'm ready. 



No comments:

Post a Comment