Sunday, March 19, 2023

Sewing and Upcoming Surgery

While the rest of the family ran to Dallas Saturday (under the excuse they "needed" to go to Costco), I spent the day working on a quilt for my niece. She's graduating from college soon. My squares are technically done. But I think the quilt is too small, so I think I'm going to add another four squares of each type before I sew it together. 

I also moved the sewing operation to the kitchen table, which was great for me but annoying for anyone wanting to eat. As of this writing, the sewing machine and all its accessories (fabric, tools, iron, pins, bias tape, clips, more fabric, scissors, rotary cutter, more fabric, two cutting mats, thread, rulers and more pins) are still there. 

 


I'm sewing more because I have a humongous, though benign, cyst tumor on the palm of my left hand. Typing is very difficult right now. I'd rather be writing. However, I can type for a duration of about 10 minutes before I have excruciating pain. Then I type with one hand and it takes longer. 

Like right now.

I also wouldn't mind gardening but the low was 29 degrees last night and I don't feel like playing outside with plants in the current 37 degrees. At least it isn't raining. 

The growth is being removed April 12. 

No comments:

Post a Comment