Monday, March 13, 2023

Saying No

I've begun saying No to social events. As I have reminded my kids on occasion, NO, is a full sentence. Six months ago I had zero social events, other than the occasional text from Deb, inviting me to a once a month Church of Christ prayer group or a last-minute call from Tessa, saying, "The Coronas are getting together in 15 minutes, you in?" I jumped at a chance to get out of my home. Now, my calendar is full. And lately, it is full in part because the Master Gardener program takes up an amazing amount of time. But I've also met quite a few folks. 

As grateful as I am to be past feeling lost and alone, right now I'm also ready to introvert. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to talk to adults I'm not related to. I'm ecstatic to have live conversations with others who do not live under my roof. It's not just the Church of Christ ladies. I have actually managed to get to know a handful of others who are not affiliated in any way with that group. 

Other than Thursday's madness: TWO Master Gardener events in one day (sigh...), the Lunch Bunch ladies, and the one hour library book club I'm staying close to home this week. I've already turned down the movies. I turned down a trip to check out some historic site close by in Arkansas. I turned down a chance to help my sewing teacher Val work on the high school's costumes for next week's production. And I suspect there will be other this and that's heading my way. But I'm saying no this week and introverting.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment