Thursday, March 19, 2020

A Happy Story

Yesterday, amidst a quarantine and thunderstorm, my clients had their final walk-through. Everything in the home looked great. Per a gentleman's agreement, the pool table stayed with the property (we couldn't put that in writing). It was there. Along with, I am told, some tournament-quality pool cues. As I know nothing about pool tables or cues, I will just have to take the word of my buyer.

After our walk-through we went to the title office. The power went out about 39 nanoseconds after we arrived, so we moved our signing to a table by the window where the title officer gave us copious amounts of hand sanitizer. Then, when we were done and parting ways, they promised to find me next month and give me a long-overdue hug. I would settle for a glass of tea at their new home, but that's just me.

Today the sale closed without incident. It is a low-drama, happy story for my super-nice folks. I really like these clients. I am glad I got to help them buy their first home.

No comments:

Post a Comment