Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Pandemic Business

The Arizona Governor has declared real estate an "essential business" and therefore people are allowed to buy and sell homes right now. From what I am hearing business is hot. I am not sure I actually believe that. However, I know agents are writing contracts and houses are getting sold. I also know my errors and omissions insurance will not cover me being sued from someone getting sick at an open house right now. How's that for a funky rider in an insurance policy?

I have my (now online) monthly Trusted Advisor meeting today where we will go over the current state of the market. It is one thing to hear "business is booming" from fellow agents, the Trusted Advisor meeting will give me data to back that up.

I need this data because I have a listing that is supposed to go active in a few days. My seller needs to move. But I want to make sure I have the right expectations set for her. Will it be on the market for more days? Will I need to lower the price to get it sold (inventory is still super-low)? 

I have already confirmed I can get my photographer to take pictures. I also hope my sign company is still working, because I do not want to dig a hole myself. I prefer sign companies. Plus, it keeps the small businesses moving. I have a note to my graphic artist to see if I can get flyers made--how I will get them printed is anyone's guess, given I don't know if the print shop is open. But we shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment