Wednesday, March 11, 2020

How to Not Sell a Home (Part 2)

I got a voice mail from Carlos. He said he was "confused." He innocently asked, how could my buyers possibly think he could have insulted them? And then he completely feigned ignorance by asking when did this alleged insulting happen? More importantly, would I please call him so we could straighten this out? Oh yes, how could I forget! Carlos also asked if my buyers would like a fence built around the property to sweeten the deal?

Now it is quite possible Carlos' mother never explained to him that when he grows up, if he just happens to be in sales, and he makes two rude comments at the buyer of a home AND that buyer turns, gives him an earful that could be heard two states away and specifically says, "That was totally out of line and completely sexist," in a shouty voice, someone might be telling Carlos they are offended. But I doubt it. I am sure Carlos' mother had her hands full with that dude and made this very clear.

What I think really happened is that the seller read my e-mail (the program Carlos and I both use for feedback goes directly to the seller) and asked specifically what my feedback was about. And now Carlos is just covering his backside.

No comments:

Post a Comment