Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Teaching Update

Next week is the Professional Development meeting, where we, as a committee, hear potential instructors audition for opportunities to teach at the local association. Frankly, after what I saw last time when I was watching potential instructors actually audition, I am not terribly concerned about the actual interview.

However, in order to interview, I need to have three 15 minute lessons planned, practiced and ready to go. What happens then, is the panel decides which 15 minute presentation they want to hear and I need to be ready to teach it. Though doable, I haven't had time to work up any additional lessons in a way I could safely say would put me in the best academic light. I could probably whip something up off the cuff, but I am about 90 percent perfectionist. So, maybe not.

Additionally, in order to be asked to prepare three lessons to present to the panel, one has to turn in their application. I haven't done that yet either. It isn't because of my 10 percent procrastination nature. Really! Well, maybe.

Yesterday, I was all ready to fill out my four-page application when I started reading it. On page two, it asks for the potential instructor to list all the times in the past twelve months they may have taught whatever class they are auditioning. I have taught precisely once. And somehow, I see putting down that I have taught one real estate class in my life as a deterrent to being taken seriously by the interview panel. But that's just me.

In an effort to add a bit more street cred to my resume, I called Beth. Can I teach at least three more times before May's meeting? I asked her. She didn't commit to three times, but promised me once, as there is only one class on her calendar right now. Of course, there might be a second and a third opportunity, but let's get through the next class first, shall we? It's a good start.



No comments:

Post a Comment