Sunday, July 19, 2020

Constructive Feedback

I finally got to see the feedback from last week's class. For a class that was pretty much silent for six hours and we had to drag comments and questions out of, they sure had a lot to say in the surveys. One person just hated me and went after my character. Another person hated Beth's teaching style. Beth was still fuming days later, so I am not sure she sees this as constructive. That may be to my detriment.

As far as the person who went after my character, I can't control that. But I can control some of the events that led up to the character assignation--including not sharing personal items that aren't real estate related. You know, keep it professional. I think I tried to get too friendly, to get these kids to open up a bit more. Beth and I are pretty sure we know who wrote that. If so, I was doomed from the start (this person also made snide comments and held up class to get her materials together). Hopefully if the two of us ever have a transaction together it goes better.

Honestly, I am not upset with the feedback and will take it as a learning opportunity. There are things I can do to improve and I am already planning on a few tweaks to my presentation--including setting some better expectations for the class. That is, if Beth decides to let me teach for her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment