Thursday, July 30, 2020

I Worked Yesterday

Twice. Actually.

Steve, remember him? Well, he is building a house. Yesterday was his first visit with the construction superintendent. He invited me to come along, saying all along, "I don't want to bother you." and "Are you sure?" and "Please don't feel obligated..."

Honestly, after being cooped up, getting out for any reason sounded like a good idea. It gave me a chance to do my hair, slap on some mascara and put on something other than a t-shirt and yoga pants. So, why not!

Well, unfortunately the builder's lawyers have helped them set up social distancing guidelines which I am sure are super-reasonable and I am just pissy. Right? Anyway, the builder was not allowing more than three people in the 50' x 50' clubhouse and me coming along exceeded the number of folks (there was two other people in the entire building). In fact, Steve was in a Zoom meeting with the construction superintendent--who wasn't even there anyway! It turns out Steve was ok without me there. I was just along to get out of the house anyway.

The second bit of work came from an old acquaintance who sent me a text asking for a picture of my business card because she and her husband were thinking about looking at New Build homes this weekend. But they didn't want to bother me. When I called her she said they weren't planning on making a move for about ten months. They just wanted to see what was out there. When I heard why they were waiting, I can see that. But I did talk to her about the state of the real estate market.

No comments:

Post a Comment