Saturday, July 11, 2020

Mixed Emotions

Student Feedback, I guess
I had a chance to teach the purchase contract again today. It is a long class (six hours), and I only had to teach the first three--which is kind of the major portion of the purpose of the class. Beth taught the second three hours, going over other additional forms.

I'm slightly frustrated because the class was disorganized at the beginning and Beth, who was in charge, kind of took over my first topic, though I don't think she meant to. But it sort of ruined my mojo. Anyway, Beth got down to business 30 minutes late and so I ran behind. Again.

This week I practiced several times. It wasn't the content I was rehearsing but my delivery and timing. I think if class had been more organized upfront, my delivery and timing would have been a bit better. It is sad when rehearsal goes better than the actual class.

Teaching is fun. I wish I was doing it live instead of over the computer. Beth prefers the computer--and if I stay with her after the social distancing sanction is lifted, I am going to have to reevaluate this. What I'm teaching is complicated stuff and some of it would be better if I could see my students' body language to know if they were truly understanding. I also think it would be better if I wasn't team teaching.

Anyway, the students said they learned something new. So, there's that. Beth took a screen capture of her last question: "What did I learn today." Nice to see a variety of answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment