Tuesday, July 21, 2020

The Most Boring Real Estate Classes Ever

He kind of looks like the dude who teaches the
Broker Management courses too
The Arizona Department of Real Estate dictates all designated brokers take three broker management courses every two years. These classes are all about the administrative angle of running a brokerage and cover such things as putting together a policy manual (course two) and how many years is one required to keep rejected contracts (one year, in case you were interested).

These mandatory classes are three hours apiece. The material never changes and never gets any more interesting than the above paragraph. I know of two instructors who are brave enough to teach this class: my friend Kaye and a very boring dude who talks like Ben Stein in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. However, Kaye isn't teaching much any more.

There is also the computer-based training method which is timed and requires a minimum of three hours of reading Arizona substantive policy while trying to pass the mandatory quiz. Because these three particular classes are so awful and nobody looks forward to taking them, the local real estate schools are giving them away to designated brokers during this pandemic. Figuring I needed them anyway and why not kill nine hours of my life getting these done, I signed up. I'm kinda wishing I could talk Kaye into teaching this just one more time. I would even be willing to pay. The good news is I won't need to do this again for another two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment