Monday, July 20, 2020

Three Years

We said good bye to the Flinstone mobile last week. It was a wonderful car, ran great and the AC blew cold. It was also 24 years old, about five inches off the ground (which isn't good for heavy traffic), a manual transmission (also not good for heavy traffic) and cost more to insure with two teenage drivers than the car is worth.

So, hopefully we blessed someone with this car, the way we were blessed with at a time when we desperately needed a hand up.

The car came from the Bonus Parents. It was a well timed gift, that I will always be grateful for.

Today is the third anniversary of Bonus Mom's entry into Heaven. I miss her terribly. The day the car went off, I bawled, as one more memory of her was leaving my life. When I was done crying I realized there is no way I will forget Bonus Mom--even when it isn't July 20th. It's just not possible. She was part of my life for 30 years. Her love and caring made me whole when I didn't think I could be. She taught me to be a better wife, mother, friend and overall human. She is the reason I walk this Earth, knowing I am somebody. I was somebody to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment